Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 5

Today has been great. I drove for the first time since surgery and it was ok! I knew I was legally able to drive but I was curious to see how it really was. I did ok since I was going to places I was familiar with. I didn't have my usual "eagal eye" vision, so far off signs and directions would have been a bit frustrating if I didn't really know where I was going. But I did ok getting around.
I went shopping and felt a bit lost when trying to see a sign or something all the way across the store. That's definitely where I notice the loss of clarity the most right now. It's tolerable but I do hope that improves within a few weeks. (I'm confident it will)
Other than that, I felt really good today. Near the end of the day, I did notice that my reading of small type was a bit blurrier than earlier in the day. Maybe that's due to tired eyes or maybe due to dryer contacts-not sure. No pain today at all and really not all that put out by my less than perfect vision. I'm happy to learn that about myself.
I'm really looking forward to seeing my Doc tomorrow and getting my bandage contacts out?! I hope that happens. Tomorrow is also my first day back at work. These eyes have lots to live up to tomorrow-let's hope they can make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment