Monday, July 11, 2011

PRK Day 3 and 4

Day 3:
I woke up with MUCH less pain and irritation than day 2 but my eyes still wanted to stay closed all the time. So I basically laid in bed and put in lubricating drops every 10-20 minutes. I did get lots of "listening" done. Finished my yearbook and caught up with some Magazines "on tape". I didn't have to use any pain meds which was great b/c I wasn't groggy or loopy. By the time it was lunch time, my eyes were being more and more tolerant of being open and by evening, I could hold a conversation without having my eyes closed! However, my vision was poor. It was the blurriest yet. I knew that was coming so I tried to take it in stride. I was so bored of sitting alone in a dark room that I made Reed watch his twins game in bed so I could listen to it-that is bored.
Day 4:
Woke up easily and could take a shower (yay!) Noticed my eyes seemed much less dry and had no problem holding them open at all. They are still light sensitive and when I try to focus on small writing too long, it gets blurry, but all in all, my vision is MUCH better than yesterday night. I went to the Doc this morning and he said I was healing well seeing 20/25 and 20/30. Also, I'm about 95% healed so I get to take out the bandage contacts on Wednesday when I see him again hopefully! No pain at all today. I'm so happy with my results so far and am confident if everything continues like this I'll be working on Wednesday. In fact, while typing this out (although it's a bit blurry) I haven't even needed to take a break to look away from the screen! I can't tell you how relieving it is to be feeling better today! I read about the magical "day 4 of recovery" on other blogs but I'm so glad I get to experience it. I'm going to try to take it easy so I get to keep recovering and not slip backwards.
Reed will surely be happy to hear that I can once again help with the kids. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment